As mentioned in the article above, the most expensive tickets right now are $19,900 but you can only buy them as a pair. So the tickets together will cost you $39,800, not counting the extra $4,000 that StubHub will add on for commission.
What could the seller be planning on buying? Here's some things that you can get for $39,800:
- 10,602 gallons of gas ($3.75 National Average)... or a new Toyota Prius (starts at $24,270) with enough left over for 4,141 gallons of gas - probably enough to last that car many many years
- 5 - 60" Class 1080p Flat-Panel Plasma HD TVs (with universal remote!) - they'll need something to watch the game on afterall
- 4,975 cases of Old Style (in bottles.. cause this guy is classy). That's 59,700 bottles...
- 44 Puggles
- Two years of education at a private college
- Two of whatever Eliot Spitzer got from his prostitutes (or double plus a good tip... again.. classy)
- Khabibulin's goaltending services for 2.15 days (6.75 Million divided by 365 for his daily rate)